Come hear people's incredible true stories told live. Story Slam is a live true storytelling show hosting true stories told by members of the audience. Follow the instructions below to share a story of your own, or just come along and listen to everyone else's.
This month our theme will be Games ⚽️
While COVID-19 makes meeting up in person unsafe, we will be hosting the show on the video conferencing software Zoom! There are 2 ways you can join the show:
1. Able to afford a ticket and would like to support the show? Fab! You can grab a ticket at the link above and you will be sent a Zoom link and Meeting ID.
2. Times are tough and can't afford a ticket? Totally fine! You can either use discount code FREESLAM at checkout to get a free ticket, OR just follow the event link above on the day to join the show without a ticket
Whether you're buying a ticket or not, simply follow the Zoom link on the day of the event, and follow the on-screen instructions to access the show via your device. We advise doing this 10-15 minutes before the show is scheduled to start so that you can iron out any technical difficulties.
You can join the show via the link on basically any device. However please note that your device will need a microphone and camera if you wish to be seen/heard. You may need the Meeting ID to join the show, but most likely not. You may also wish to create a Zoom account, but that is not required to participate in a Zoom call.
TAKING PART IN THE SHOW
Anyone can come along to a show and listen to stories, but if you would like to share a story, there are 2 ways you can do that. You can either tell a full 5 minute story live on Zoom, or submit an anonymous short story which will be read out by the host during the show.
Or simply text your name or your story to the official Story Slam phone! 07435 094 333
You can do this at any time before or during the show!
Full stories must follow a few simple rules. The rules are not meant to be restrictive, but are there to ensure we get to hear as many awesome stories as possible. If you’re unsure about anything just drop us a message
• They have to be true
• They must be told in 5 minutes.
• They must be *stories*. No rants, stand-up routines or monologues. A story has a beginning, middle and end with some change and/or conflict having occurred.
• They need to be first person. You should be a major character in the story.
• Told without notes or props.