Bristol’s first LGSMigrants activist-led radical queer dance party is here ️
Join us for a night of music, laughter and spectacle as we celebrate queer culture, say no to pinkwashing and raise money in solidarity with migrants facing oppression and displacement.
LGSM Bristol is joining queer and trans liberation organisations from around the world taking a stand for human rights and boycotting the 2019 Eurovision Song Contest in Israel.
Rather than sitting at home and being sad for missing out a night of entertainment, come along and take part in a party of our own. We've got a fantastic line up and from midnight, we’ll open up the floor for you to go crazy on the karaoke mic with your favourite songs. We can’t wait to see you there.
High energy psychedelic synth-punk, ruthlessly creative, and creatively ruthless. Glitzy keys and mullets.
Experience the world of amazing Apocalyptic Disney Fairy Princess Rusalka.
Ethereal, surreal, magical and haunting.
Host of Brizzle Boyz and regular face of SCRiTCH Cabaret, drag king vlog sensation Roddy Jodphurs proves that everybody loves you when you're down and out! https://www.instagram.com/roddyjodphurs/
Isaac has wowed crowds all over the U.K and has made quite a name for himself in the drag community for controversial and fearless performances. https://www.instagram.com/yesisaacdix/
This is a fundraising event and all profits will go to the Welfare Association who supports some of the most marginalised Palestinian families and communities in the West Bank and Gaza and in the refugee camps and gatherings of Lebanon. Find out more about what they do: https://www.welfareassociation.org.uk/about-us/
Whatever the fuck you like.
Early bird: £6
General release: £8
On the door: £10
If you’d like to support the cause further, please make a donation on the night.
This event is 18+. This event includes partial nudity.
No one turned away for lack of funds - please message the Facebook page and we can work something out
We are condemning Israel’s use of Eurovision, which has a strong following in LGBT+ communities, to distract from its war crimes against Palestinians. We won’t stand for this pinkwashing agenda, and the use of gay rights to distract from Israel’s occupation, settler colonialism and apartheid.
If you have questions about the broader tactics of boycott, please read the FAQs from the Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions (BDS) movement: https://bdsmovement.net/faqs
Loco Club is wheelchair accessible. They have a ramp and a disabled toilet suitable for manual wheelchairs.
❓Got a question? Please email us at Lgsmigrantsbristol@gmail.com or send a message to our facebook page. Equally, if you want to get involved, get in touch! This event is for you/the community. If you have been to one of our previous parties and have feedback, send it over. If you have any suggestions on how we can shape this party for you, send it over ✨
By attending our events, you agree to our Safer Spaces Agreement. The basic tenet is respect. LGSMigrants is committed to making our events as safe as possible, whilst recognising that it’s not possible to create spaces that are completely safe for everyone.
- respect each other (our backgrounds, identities, ideas and bodies) and respect the spaces we create together and are part of.
- Respect and look after the building as a physical space and a resource for all.
- Any behaviour that demeans, marginalises or dominates others, or perpetuates hierarchies, is not welcome.
- Identify your own privileges – the things that sometimes give you an easier ride than others – and try to be aware of them.
- Be aware of the range of people’s identities (gender, race, class) and avoid making generalisations or assumptions about people.
- Be aware that people might not want to have their picture taken, so please ask before taking pictures.
- Be aware that anyone in the space could be a survivor of a particular form of oppression, for example, violence or racism.
If someone is feeling uncomfortable, do not hesitate to raise this.
- It is everyone’s responsibility to challenge prejudice and oppression, and if we ignore it we are complicit in it.
Event photos for EuroVision of a Free Palestine:
login with facebook
to see which of your friends are going
MARTYRIALS · ANY PORT IN A STORM [LIVE AT ZED ALLEY 1/12/18]